Weight Loss Fast
In order to lose weight quickly, people try different methods like fad diets, weight loss pills, and commercial treatments. All these ways can temporarily decrease your weight, but after some time, you will gain it back.
When you lose weight quickly, your body will kick start few mechanisms to get back to its normal state. However, when your body loses weight gradually, the fat cells will have enough time to adjust into their new size and don’t assert in contributing to the waistline.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
The apple cider vinegar also helps in the same way. Despite of its efficiency, it is not a quick fix but rather a solution with controlled weight loss.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Weight Loss?
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss:
Apple cider vinegar supports weight loss by tapping into several physiological mechanisms. Below we have provided a detailed description of various benefits of taking ACV for weight loss.
1. Burns Fat
There are several studies which confirmed that taking apple cider vinegar has shown an increase in fat burning and decrease in fat accumulation.
“As per study, when obese participants were given daily dosage of apple cider vinegar over 12 weeks, they have observed reduction in belly fat, waist length, weight and blood triglycerides”.
2. Enhance Metabolism
Decreased metabolism can often lead to fat accumulation and weight gain. Many fad diets and commercial pills can often decrease your metabolism once you stop them which is the main reason for quick weight gain. The acids present in apple cider vinegar improve digestion and metabolism.
“As per a study conducted on rats, the acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar has increased AMPK enzyme. This enzyme is helpful in increasing fat burning, reduce belly fat storage and liver fat.
3. Reduce Fat Storage
The beta-carotene present in apple cider vinegar helps to break down and remove the stored fat from the body.
“As per a research conducted on rats, an increase in expression of genes linked to reduction of belly fat and liver fat storage is observed.
4. Makes you feel full
When ACV is consumed before meals, the pectin present in it suppresses you appetite and leaves you feel full for a longer time. This helps to control hunger pangs and prevent binge eating – one of the best ways to control weight gain overtime.
“In a study conducted in 2005, the participants were given varying levels of apple cider vinegar and carbohydrates in the form of white bread. The participants who had most apple cider vinegar felt fuller and more satiated than others”.
5. Detoxifies the Body
The fiber content in acv absorbs the toxins and improves bowel movement. So our body gets detoxified. The apple cider vinegar is also known as liver and lymphatic tonic which detoxifies balances the pH levels and stimulates the cardiovascular stimulation, and lymphatic drainage.
6. Reduces Insulin Levels
ACV consumption controls uncontrollable sugar spikes and crashes which often occur between the meals. When your sugar levels are under control, it is easy to stick to the diet or else it can lead to sugar craving and binge eating.
As per a study conducted in Arizona on type 2 diabetes participants were given apple cider vinegar. The result has shown a 4% reduction in the fasting blood sugars. Several other studies also confirm the same.
7. Contains Beneficial Probiotics
80% of immune system is supported by a healthy gut. Our gut contains good and bad bacteria, when this balance is disturbed it can show a direct effect on our immune system. Improving gut health reduces the inflammation and prevents obesity. ACV is one of the best probiotics which contains many good bacterial strains.
“As per the study published by Journal of Clinical Investigation, probiotic bacteria can be helpful in weight loss and preventing obesity. Several other studies have also confirmed the same.
8. Improves Better Sleep
Apple cider vinegar when combined with some honey becomes an excellent remedy for insomnia. Lack of good sleep often increases ghrelin – a hormone which is responsible for stimulating hunger pangs. Apple cider vinegar tricks our brain for a better sleep which regulates hunger and stress hormones.
“In several studies, such as the one published in International Journal of Obesity, people with stress and poor sleep less likely to achieve weight loss goals.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
Here is a quick ACV recipe you can prepare easily. This improves digestion and makes you feel satiated which helps in eating less calories and prevents binge eating.
Weight Loss Recipe:
- Add 2 – 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water. Add more water if the concoction is strong for you.
- Stir well and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can add it to fruit/vegetable juice or tea (make sure it is not too hot).
- You have to drink it 2 – 3 times in a day before meals.
- Rinse your mouth with water and baking soda, which helps to counteract the acidity in the mouth and protect your teeth.
Note: The recommended consumption of apple cider vinegar is 2 tablespoons per day. Excess consumption than recommended can lead to burning sensation and other discomforts.
When to Take It?
The best time to drink acv for weight loss is 30 minutes before meals. Pectin present in apple cider vinegar suppresses the appetite. The acids present in it help with digestion of protein – building block for growth hormone. This hormone helps in breaking down the fat cells. By increasing the acid present in stomach before having meals, it helps in digestion and increasing the growth hormone synthesis.
Better to Start Slow
If you are having apple cider vinegar for first time, then it is better to start with a small dosage. Start with 1 teaspoon dosage and slowly increase it to recommended amount.
For Added Benefits and Taste
If you are not a fan of apple cider vinegar taste, then you can add various ingredients to enhance its taste and effectiveness. We have provided the list below. You can add one, two or more ingredients to make your own customized acv weight loss drink.
- Honey: Honey increases energy levels and suppresses food cravings. It eases the digestion process and boosts the metabolism to burn the fats. You can add a tablespoon to the acv drink.
- Lemon: The pectin fibers present in lemon prevent hunger pangs. It helps in flushing out the toxins and enhances the functioning of vital organs. You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to acv drink.
- Cinnamon: It cleanses the fat accumulated in the colon and digestive system. It lowers the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels. It regulates blood sugar levels. You can add a pinch to 1/2 teaspoon to the acv drink.
- Maple Syrup: If you are allergic to pollen then maple syrup can be the best alternative. It improves digestion and provides vitamins and minerals to the body. It acts as antioxidant. You can add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon to the acv drink.
- Garlic: It stimulates the satiated hormone which makes you feel full for a longer period of time. It prevents binge eating and sugar carvings. It stimulates the process of burning stored fats. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of garlic powder to the acv drink.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper improves digestion, curbs the appetite, boosts metabolism and helps in burning fats. You can add a pinch to 1 teaspoon of to acv drink.
- Ginger: Ginger is a natural appetite suppressant which makes you feel full a long period of time. It improves digestion and gastrointestinal motility. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of ginger powder to the acv drink.
Note: The acidic nature of acv can damage tooth enamel. So, it is better to drink it using a straw.
Precautions While Taking Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar is a probiotic rich food and completely safe to drink. However, you have to dilute it with water before drinking. Direct consumption of apple cider vinegar can lead to discomforts like stomach upset, burning sensation and burn esophagus.
- Avoid using distilled, filtered or pasteurized apple cider vinegar. For effective results use raw, organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, and make sure it contains the Mother.
- The acidic nature of acv can damage the tooth enamel. Use a straw for consuming apple cider vinegar drink to avoid the damage.
- When used in excess, apple cider vinegar can contribute to hypokalemia (low potassium), which decreases bone density and contributes to osteoporosis. If you have osteoporosis, do not take apple cider vinegar.
- If using diuretics, laxatives, or medications for diabetes or heart disease, consult your doctor to ensure that the apple cider vinegar will not interact negatively with them.
- People suffering from gastroparesis or delayed emptying of stomach should consume apple cider vinegar with caution. Some experts concerned that the increase in acid levels can cause damage to digestive organs. So, it better to eat a nutrient dense food before adding ACV into the regimen.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) FAQs
1. Does ACV Interact with Medicines?
Yes, it interacts. It is better to consult doctor to know whether it interacts with your medicines or not.
2. What is the Appropriate ACV Dosage?
The right dosage varies from person to person. Generally, the acv consumption per day should not exceed more than 2 – 3 tablespoons per day.
3. Which Brand of ACV is good?
We recommend using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar which provides pure, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized ones which contain mother element and 5% of acidity.
4. Can pregnant people drink ACV?
There are no specific proofs whether acv is safe to consume for pregnant and breast feeding women. We recommend consulting a doctor before trying it out.
5. Can We take ACV Pills for Weight Loss?
If you don’t like the taste of apple cider vinegar then you can take acv in tablets form. For proper dosage as per your medical history, consult a doctor.
How to Speed Up ACV Weight Loss Regimen?
Here are few general tips and precautions you have to consider while following weight loss regimen for positive results. These tips help to lose weight healthily without any side effects.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Exercise regularly or at least 5 days in a week. If you don’t have time then at least walk for 20 – 30 minutes in a day.
- Eat foods rich in potassium as it reduces stress levels and blood pressure. Foods rich in potassium are banana, sweet potatoes, spinach and avocado.
- Reduce sugar consumption. Stay away from refined sugars. It is better to use stevia or honey instead of them.
- Avoid unhealthy, processed, refined, deep fried, fatty and junk foods.
- Consume nutritious diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
What to Expect When Taking Apple Cider Vinegar?
Remember that you will not get overnight results by using apple cider vinegar for weight loss. You will observe the changes gradually. Don’t be impatient and stop following it. The slowly you shrink those pounds the less likely they are going to return.
The time it takes to get the results also depends on the factors like nutrition, stress levels, genetic factors, physical exercise and others. So, for best results you need to combine ACV consumption with other healthy lifestyle changes.
Ways to Add Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Diet:
Apart from consuming acv drink, you can also add apple cider vinegar to your salads. It not only improves the taste but also helps the body digest properly to absorb all the nutrients. Let’s have a look at the preparation of various vinaigrette or dressings for salads using acv.
Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes for Weight Loss
Recipe 1: Basic ACV Salad Dressing
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped), 2 – 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, salt and pepper as per taste.
- Whisk the ingredients well and drizzle enough amounts over your salad.
Recipe 2: Garden Herb Dressing
- Combine 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (basil, oregano or any other), 1/2 cup each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, and 2 – 3 tablespoons of raw honey, salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix the ingredients well and add enough amounts of it on the salad.
Recipe 3: Ginger Sesame Dressing with ACV
- In a bowl, combine 1 – 2 tablespoons of grated ginger, 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped), 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Mix well and add enough amounts of it to your salad.