It is highly recommended to start your day with lemon and water on an empty stomach upon rising to improve digestion, liver function and to enjoy its wonderful anti-inflammatory properties.
We suggest that you start your day with lemon and ginger so here is a spin in this old favorite which adds more punch. Turmeric and limes will also increase the wonderful anti-inflammatory, liver and digestive benefits. Enjoy!
Lemon Water Turmeric Drink Recipe
Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
- 2 cups (500 ml) warm/hot water
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh turmeric, sliced or grated
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, sliced or grated
- Boil the water.
- Pour into a cup or 2 as much room temperature water and boiled water to your desired temperature to make up 2 cups. (Some people prefer hot while others prefer warm).
- Mix in the lemon and lime juice with the sliced or grated ginger and turmeric.
- Let it steep for 5-10mins then Enjoy! You can let this sit over night to get even more out of the ginger and turmeric.