Diarrhea TreatmentDiarrhea describes frequent loose or liquid bowel movements that can be accompanied by nausea, abdominal cramps, bloating and vomiting. Usually this sort of condition lasts for 2 days to a week, depending on the severity. The condition is caused when the colon is not performing properly, unable to get rid of harmful toxins, compounds and ingested materials for healthy functioning of the body.
Causes Of Diarrhea
It is can be caused due to bacterial or viral infections, consumption of contaminated food and water, intestinal problems, food intolerance, etc.
Apple Cider Vinegar For DiarrheaThere are however many natural remedies that will help with this problem, one of the best being apple cider vinegar, with many vital nutrients for a healthy functioning body.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Diarrhea?
Here are some of the benefits of using apple cider vinegar.
- It contains an antibiotic property that helps to cure diarrhea by killing the diarrhea causing organisms in the intestine.
- It has pectin, a fibre content that thickens the stool and forms a protective layer to soothe the irritated lining of the colon.
- It soothes the intestinal spasms and the irritated stomach.
- It acts as a cleansing agent.
- It maintains proper pH levels in the stomach, allowing the growth of good bacteria.
- It is an ultimate bacterial, viral, parasitic and microbial killer. It also clears the symptoms that are associated with diarrhea like stomach ache, nausea, stomach cramps, etc.
- It provides all the essential nutrients that are essential for the body, such as replenishing potassium and magnesium.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Diarrhea?
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Below are some best home remedies for diarrhea.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 glass of water.
- Drink this solution after each meal.
- Or mix 3 teaspoons of apple vinegar in 8 ounce glass of water and have this.
- Or take 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar followed by a glass of water twice a day.
- Note: You can use either normal water or lukewarm water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
- Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in 7 oz of warm water.
- Add honey in it and stir.
- Drink this regularly to get relief.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Lemon Juice
- Add 1/4 cup of organic apple cider vinegar and the juice extracted from 3 lemons in 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix it well and consume this drink once a day.
- Have this drink regularly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar And Cayenne Pepper
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper with 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of warm water.
- Regular intake will help you to get complete relief from diarrhea associated with Crohn’s disease.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir into a glass of water and drink.
- However do not take too much baking soda as this can cause diarrhea.
Tips And Precautions:
Follow these tips for a quick and safe use of apple cider vinegar.
- Always use apple cider vinegar that contains mother.
- Make sure not to over dose on these treatments.
- Pregnant and breast feeding women should not take this vinegar without discussing with a doctor. Also people with diabetes should avoid taking this vinegar, as it might lower the blood sugar levels.
- Always remember to rinse your mouth out to remove the acids after drinking this vinegar mix. It is best to drink through a straw.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar in capsule forms (with suggested 1000 mg dosage) which are easily available in health stores.
- Continue to the treatment 1-2 days after the problem has cured.
- Consult your doctor for immediate treatment if you don’t find any relief from diarrhea, after using these cider vinegar remedies.
All these methods will give excellent results but you have to follow it regularly and also make sure to start the dosage in small quantities.